Rep. John Ratcliffe's Congressional Student Leadership Program (CSLP) provides an excellent learning opportunity for sophomore and junior high school students in Texas’ 4th District. Participants will attend four meetings that will include lectures from Rep. Ratcliffe and other guest speakers, research of legislative issues and interactive group projects. Participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion.
- Allowing future leaders to engage with their congressman and staff, and to learn about the role of the federal government and functions of a congressional office.
- Encouraging critical thinking through the identification of issues in the community, and the evaluation of the role of government plays in addressing such concerns.
- Developing analytical writing abilities and public speaking abilities.
- Fostering relationships with peers across the Texas' 4th District.
- Sherman Area
- Rockwall Area
- Texarkana Area
- Mt. Pleasant Area
- Meeting 1 –Jan. 22, 2020
- Meeting 2 – Feb. 19, 2020
- Meeting 3 – March 25, 2020
- Meeting 4 – April 22, 2020
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
Students who wish to be considered for the CSLP in the 2019-2020 school year should download, fill out and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info, please contact Chance Farmer at email@example.com or 903-813-5270.