"The Constitution explicitly states that the people’s right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon. I will stand strong against any effort which attempts to deny or limit this right."
- Voted YES on H.J.Res. 40, which was signed into law by the president to reverse the SSA rule that would require the government to report people who receive disability benefits and have a mental health condition to the FBI’s background check system.
- Cosponsored the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015 (H.R. 986), which would allow valid concealed carry permits issued in one state to be recognized by other states with their own laws protecting the right to concealed carry.
- Voted YES on the SHARE Act (H.R. 2406), which increases opportunities for hunters, anglers, and recreational shooters; eliminates regulatory impediments and safeguards against new regulations that impede outdoor sporting activities; and protects Second Amendment rights.
- Cosponsored the Interstate Transportation of Firearms and Ammunition Act (H.R. 131), which would prohibit the arrest or detention of a person for a violation of any state or local law or regulation related to the possession, transportation, or carrying of firearms unless there is probable cause to believe that the person is violating federal law.
- Cosponsored the Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act (H.R. 4321) to prevent President Obama's assault on the Second Amendment through executive action.