"More freedom and less government is the formula for economic success. It’s this model that’s allowed Texas to lead the nation in job growth since 2008, and it’s about time for Washington to get an overdue dose of these commonsense, Texas economic values."
- Introduced the House-passed Separation of Powers Restoration Act of 2016 (H.R. 76), which would stop constitutional erosion and restore three, co-equal branches of government as intended by our Framers.
- Introduced the House-passed All Economic Regulations are Transparent (ALERT) Act of 2017 (H.R. 75), which would require the administration to give the American people detailed information about upcoming regulations and prohibits regulations from taking effect unless this information is available for six months.
- Introduced a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, which would help ensure fiscal responsibility and accountability in Washington.
- Voted YES on the House-passed Supporting America’s Innovators Act (H.R. 1219), which would help small and startup businesses get access to capital by removing needless and outdated regulations.
- Voted YES on the House-passed Regulations in Need of Scrutiny Act (H.R. 26) to give Congress the ability to prevent job-killing regulations from going into effect.